Art In Isolation Contest
Time & Location
About the Event
During this unprecedented and challenging time of social distancing, we encourage you to be mindful of your ability to use art to help you through the experience of in-home isolation. These uncertain times are not only a threat to our health but our way of life. They can be especially challenging for such an active group of artists. We encourage you to call a friend to share your art, a funny story or to simply say hello. Keep in mind there are several ways to still enjoy personal contact using technology. There are a number of applications, such as Zoom and Skype that allow us to still meet face-to-face, share our art, a new technique, or something beautiful we have observed.
If we change our perspective, we may embrace this as an opportunity to try new things. With that in mind we have created an online art challenge for CAA members and adults in the Corona/Norco area.
How this works:
We will start this challenge on Tuesday, March 24, 2020 and will end on Sunday, April 26, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
Ø Each Sunday, starting on Sunday March 29, 2020, we will announce a new art subject for the week. In total, we will announce five subjects (one each week, for five weeks).
Ø You may create the subject in any medium, surface or size.
Ø A photograph of your artwork must be e-mailed to email@example.com on each Sunday, by 5:00 p.m. Cell phone photographs are acceptable.
Ø We will post your art submissions on the CAA Website and social media, where you may view the work submitted by participating members.
Ø Awards will be announced on May 7, 2020. Monetary awards will be issued to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners, and will be based on the total submissions for the 5-week art competition.
How to enter:
1. The fee for this 5-week competition is a flat $5.00 each week or $20.00 for five weeks. Non-members: please pay the full $20 entry fee. Optionally, you may apply this entry fee to a 2020 annual membership in the Corona Art Association if you sign up for it at the same time here.
All participants will be limited to two submissions per week.
2. Go to the CAA website: Coronaartassociation.org to register and pay online or you may mail your check to 815 W. Sixth Street #145 Corona CA 92882, payable to Corona Art Association. On your check please note: Art in Isolation 2020.
Subject: Create art inpired by your favorite story, book, or poem.
Due: Sunday, April 26 2020, 5:00 p.m.
Subject: "Makes Me Smile" or "Favorite Dessert
Due: Sunday, April 19, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
Subject: "Eggcettera" -- Bunnies, bears, decorated eggs, sugared peeps, baskets... and more...eggcettera!
Due: Sunday, April 12, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
Subject: Signs of Spring OR Papier de Toilette (artist's choice!)
Due: Sunday,April 5, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
Subject: Peace and Tranquility
Due: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
Email a HIGH QUALITY photograph of your art, along with titles and mediums, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the opportunity to turn social distancing into mindful art! Through art, we will share our stories of how we made it through the Covid-19 Pandemic of 2020
- Art in Isolation Package$20$200$0
- Art in Isolation Week 1$5$50$0
- Art in Isolation Week 2$5$50$0
- Art in Isolation Week 3$5$50$0
- Art in Isolation Week 4$5$50$0
- Art in Isolation Week 5$5$50$0