Art in the New Normal challenge for Corona, CA area residents
Time & Location
About the event
A Challenge for Success: Art in the New Normal
May 10, 2020 through June 14, 2020
How this works:
This vitural art challenge is intended for residents of the Corona, CA area (including all Inland Empire and nearby cities).
We will start this challenge on Sunday May 10, 2020 and will end on Sunday, June 14, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
- On each Sunday, starting on May 10, 2020, we will announce the art subject for the week. In total five subjects will be announced each Sunday, for five weeks. THE THEME CHANGES EACH WEEK, SO CHECK BACK ON MONDAYS TO FIND OUT WHAT IT IS.
- The subject can be created in any medium, surface or size.
- A GOOD photograph of your artwork must be emailed to CoronaArts.email@example.com before the 5:00 p.m. Sunday deadline. Cell phone photographs are acceptable. Photos should be centered, straight, have good lighting with no glares or shadows, and be no less than 200 KB in size.
- Your art submissions will be posted on the CAA Website, Facebook and Instagram, where you can view the work submitted by participating members.
- Awards will be based on the total submissions for the 5-week art competition and will be announced on June 18, 2020. Monetary awards will be issued to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of the ADULTS competition only, half of all proceeds will be applied to the Corona Art Association operational costs. Children and Teens (K-12 students) will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons (no cash prizes).
How to enter:
1. Adults living in the Corona, CA area (inlcuding all Inland Empire and nearby cities): The donation for this 5-week competition is $5.00 each week or $20.00 for five weeks. You will be limited to two submissions per week. Register BELOW and pay online or you can mail your check to: Corona Art Association, 815 W. 6th Street, #145, Box 6, Corona, California 92882. On your check please note: Art in the New Normal 2020.
Email a good photo of your artwork (up to two per week) to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your NAME, the TITLE of the piece, and the MEDIUM before the Sunday 5pm deadlines.
2. Children/Teens (including high schoolers aged 18) living in the Corona, California area enter for FREE and will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons. No need to RSVP or register, PARENTS simply email a good photo of your child’s TITLED artwork to email@example.com along with their NAME, AGE and SCHOOL before the Sunday 5pm deadlines.
3. If you would simply like to donate to the Corona Art Association, you may do so online or mail a check to the address listed above. The CAA is a non-profit organization founded in 1963.
- Art in the New Normal Package$20$200$0
- Art in the New Normal Week 1$5$50$0
- Art in the New Normal Week 2$5$50$0
- Art in the New Normal Week 3$5$50$0
- Art in the New Normal Week 4$5$50$0
- Art in the New Normal Week 5$5$50$0