Halloween Boo Bugs Workshop
Time & Location
About the event
This workshop will be conducted in the CAA Gallery (12 participants maximum due to Covid requirements)>
Instructions to complete before workshop:
We will be in the Gallery to on September 27, 2020, from 12:00 – 4:00 p.m., if you need help in preparing your surface for this workshop. Please bring the CAPITALIZED ITEMS. We will have the other paints and supplies you will need to complete this project.*
Surface: Pine surface RECTANGLE PLAQUE 9” x 12” from your craft store or online (Note: the Corona JoAnn's does not have a woodcraft section)
Americana Paints: Cool White, Lamp Black, multi-purpose sealer, and Matte Varnish
Supplies: HOT GLUE GUN AND GLUE STICKS
Brushes: You can bring your own brushes, or we will provide brushes for use in class: You will need ¼”, ½” angle or flat, #8 & #18 round drybrush, #4 round, 10/0 script liner
Prep instructions: To be completed before workshop
· Apply a coat of multi-purpose sealer on surface.
· Basecoat the board with Lamp Black.
· Then trace pattern on surface.*
· Undercoat the letter “B” and the spider bodies with white. It may take at least 2 coats.
· Web – Heat up your glue gun. Then apply the glue over the lines of the spider web only. You want it to be a bit heavy, so it creates dimension and texture. The glue won’t go on even. Some points will be thin and thick. After it cools, go over the thin spots. You may have some thread strings. Once it cools, remove the strings by rubbing your finger over them and pick them away or use a tweezer. Repaint the web black.
· Now you are ready for the workshop!
* If you are unable to come on Sept. 27, please email email@example.com if you need help preparing your plaque.
- Boo Bugs$20$200$0